Saturday, June 2, 2007

The Rain

I am sitting out on my deck listening to the rain. It is so nice. Today it was very humid and I am not used to that. I come from a place where we have a dry heat, and this is certainly not a dry heat. In fact it is only eighty degrees and I was sweating to death. Tonight when I was saying bye to my hubby I realized that it was raining and I opened all the windows in the house. It cooled off and now I am just loving the sound of the rain coming down. I can light all of my millions of candles around the house, too! Now, I just need the perfect glass of wine...Oh, but I cannot order wine to be delivered here in NC!!! I am very upset about this. I have this certain wine that I love to order from Washington and now I'm lost out here and it cannot be delivered to me. What am I going to do?

6 comments:

Elyce said...

Ok, call me lame, but why can't you have wine delivered in NC? They don't allow it?

Lost In NC said...

Nope, the winery will not deliver to an address in NC. They will only deliver to a select bunch of states. I didn't know if it had something to do with NC liquor laws. I live in a dry county.

Elyce said...

A dry county?? So no bars, no liquor in the stores, etc? Does it seem to have some benefit? Or do people just go over to the next county?

Lost In NC said...

Actually our town is an exception and we have an ABC store, but now that you mention it I have not seen any bars. It never occurred to me before?! Crazy me! What is your blog address?

Elyce said...

I don't have a blog... I've debated whether to do one. I'm not sure what I would say or whether I could keep up with it... would you read it if I had one? I love reading yours.

Lost In NC said...

Yes. I would read your blog. I don't write as much as I should, but I check Kristin's every day just to see what it going on in her life. She is a very entertaining writer.