Saturday, May 26, 2007

Another "good deal"

Well, the bargain hunter in me has totally taken over my life and I cannot purchase anything that is not on sale or marked down or on craigslist. I check that site daily. I have been wanting a dog for some time now. My husband promised me that when I moved out here I could get a dachshund. I was perusing the pet ads on craigslist and low and behold there was an ad for a handsome dachshund. The picture was great, so I shot off an e-mail and didn't think that I would hear anything. Wrong, the lady wrote me back and asked me to call her that night. It was past 10pm, so I felt that was a little too late and would call in the morning. I did and we set up a time to view this handsome beast. My husband and I and my sister in law drove out to this remote area. The lady had at the very least nine dogs, a ferret, chickens and smoked in the house. This handsome dog had been kept outside with some other larger dogs that had attacked him on a previous day. The said dog barked and growled at us for a good ten minutes. He had a swollen head and I decided that I was going to get him out of that situation. I gave the lady some money and loaded the dog into the car. He was very nervous and I was scared that he would not get along with my kids. To make a very long story short he tried to bite the vet, has a horrible abscess on his head and now $209 later he is a part of our family. Once the vet drained the abscess he was a lot kinder to her. He takes pills every twelve hours and he has a follow up scheduled for Tuesday. The kids love him and he is loving them. So my "good deal" on craigslist is now a member of our family and has made our kids very happy, and I'm sure our vet will be able to vacation in Mexico this summer when all is said and done, our treat, of course.

6 comments:

Sally said...

How cool! What did you name him? You need to post some pictures.

So, you're becoming like me, huh? You know I can't buy anything that isn't on sale...of course, I caved yesterday and bought a cute shirt at Dillard's that was NOT on sale...what's come over me??

Lost In NC said...

What? Not on sale..on Memorial Day weekend? It must be some shirt!! I will post some pictures.

Sally said...

Well, I kind of justified it buy also buying a dress that was 75% off...I paid $30 for a dress that was originally $120!

Lost In NC said...

Good Job!!! That is a great deal and yes, it does justify buying at full price.

Elyce said...

You DO realize there are other breeds of dogs out there, right? After all the crabby weinie dogs you've known, that's still your choice? :) Don't you remember how Kaiser hated me?

Lost In NC said...

I know I am crazy, but I rescued him from a sad life. Hopefully he will be a good dog. We trained Kaiser to do that. We just didn't want to tell you that. Just joking!