Wednesday, May 23, 2007

LAZY

I am the laziest person I know. I have no drive. Why is this? I wonder if I get it from my mom? I purchased this state of the art (meaning-expensive) elliptical machine when I moved out here. I told my husband that I must exercise in a safe environment and the roads are so narrow in our town. I told him that I would work out every night when he leaves for work. I work out all right.. my remote finger and ebay fingers have been getting the workout of their lives, but not so much my big belly. I was so proud of myself for completing a whole weight loss program that the machine had programed into the computer, now I just have to do that program every day not just once a week. I try to tell myself baby steps, but I think that I am just trying to justify being lazy. I always feel better about myself when I have finished my workout, but everyday it is a battle with my inner self to get on that machine. It is taking up all of my living room, but when I am on it the remote will not change channels. I think maybe my problem is the tv. What did I do before tv? Some people are lucky and they don't get sucked in, I on the other hand can get sucked in by an infomercial, a weight loss infomercial, mind you. It always looks so easy and fun on tv. Then I realize that in order to have all the success with the weight loss program I will actually have to eat less and move more. I can move more, but the eating less is a hard one. I love to cook and I love to eat. I do not get that from my mom, I do know that. Sooo all this boils down to the fact that I have come to terms with..I am lazy!!

3 comments:

Sally said...

I don't use my elliptical as much as I should...but I have been really good at going to the gym.

But, I've been good at getting on the elliptical when there's an hour long show I want to watch (like Lost). I turn on the TV and get on the machine for the length of the show, and then I don't have to change the channel.

Elyce said...

My favorite shirt you ever owned was the little white t-shirt (I think it had a glass of lemonade printed on it or something like that) that said, "don't wanna work." Quintessential you!

Lost In NC said...

I was sooooo sad when I grew out of that shirt. I have gotten so old since then!