Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Finally a new posting..

I started this blog in March and I thought that I would write every day to try and work through my frustrations, but every day I make an excuse not to write. I made it through mothers day without injuring any arguing children. I sometimes wonder if they can speak without whining or arguing with each other. I had a major melt down at the baseball field the other day and it made me feel like I am turning into my mother, my worst fear in life. It all started with a small little thunderstorm...in the middle of my youngest child's baseball game. This was my first experience with a thunderstorm since moving to NC. I was not aware of their power over a group of people. Let's just say that we were quickly ushered off the field and under a large wooden "covered patio". I quickly screamed for my oldest child to get under the cover NOW, this somehow made him move slower and that made me a little nervous. When he finally made it to cover I specifically said stay by my side, as this was a new scary experience for me. Next thing I know he is gone...panic sets in...what if he has gone back out in the storm and gets hurt...his dad will kill me..no, he is sitting on the ground right where I told him he couldn't be. So, as I made my way to where he was my panic wears off and I loose it. I'm sure that the whole town was enjoying the show that I put on. To make matters worse,it started pouring down rain and I had to go out in the rain to get all of the baseball gear and my chair. I know this sounds like no problem, but did I mention that I was wearing a white tank top minus a bra?! I know that the whole place had their eyes on me after I had just chewed my sweet child a new butt, so out in the downpour I went. I had never wanted to crawl in a hole and die so much as that afternoon. I can't wait for next Saturday..what kind of a show can I put on for the crowd?! Ah, when will I learn to keep my mouth shut?

1 comment:

Sally said...

I'm SO excited you have a blog now! Yay!!! It will be a lot easier to tell all the silly stories of our lives through blogging...and there are some really fun and hilarious blogs out there...maybe you'll even meet some people who live near you!

I will read EVERY post you put up! I miss you!