Wednesday, June 20, 2007

He's Off

Well, my little prince is off. I was so sad to see him go, but he was very confident and very observant. We spent two hours hanging out at the airport and he showed me where his gate was and when we were walking around he got a little agitated because we were not in the Delta section anymore. He said my plane might take off early and then they won't notice I'm missing until they are in the air. I assured him that there was no way in the world that they would take off early. I started to cry when it was almost time for him to board the plane and he just looked at me and said don't cry mom! He then offered me his favorite flavor of Starburst. He made it there and his dad reports that the airline steward (not stewardess) said he was one of the most well behaved kids that he had seen. I was so relieved that he was safe and that he had been well behaved. Now I have six weeks until another flight..

2 comments:

Sally said...

Wow! 6 weeks is a LONG time. I can't believe he goes for that long! Is Jackass acting like an adult right now? I hope it all goes smoothly.

Elyce said...

I love that he offered you his Starburst! Kids can be so sweet, and their acts of kindness are somehow so much more touching. I hope Jackass holds it together well enough for Braden to feel ok while he's there. All we can do is pray!