Sunday, July 1, 2007

Vacation




Well, the past week has flown by. Our much anticipated vacation is now officially over. My sweetie had to go back to work tonight. We had a very relaxing week. We rented a beach house across the street from the beach. Our dog got to tag along for this humid adventure. It was our first car trip with our pooch so we did not know what to expect. He did well. We found the house and checked everything out and then went to dinner. The next morning we woke up and quickly went down to the beach. I had never been to the beach on the East Coast so this was all new for me, especially the humidity. I am used to cold water and cool evenings and mornings. Not so here. The town we were staying in was very family oriented, so all the people on the beach were families. This was nice. I hate trying to suck my gut in to compete with all the other barbies on the beach. We laid on the beach, ate, laid on the beach, toured a snake exhibit, laid on the beach, toured a battleship, ate, and laid on the beach. We are definitely going back next year. I am already looking for the perfect house overlooking the beach, so that my lazy rear end can just lounge on the sundeck and watch the kids out on the beach. We even had this awesome outdoor shower. It was great to have some time away from tv and computers and craziness..oh and while we were on vacation I managed to land myself a job..more on that later.

2 comments:

Sally said...

I'm glad you had fun...man, to go on vacation like that...I'm jealous! I guess I can't complain too much -- Mom and Dad are here and bro and sis get here on Wednesday. I predict only 1 hour will go by before the first fight breaks out. Oh well...that will be my vacation!

Oh, and FINALLY a picture of the dog! =)

Elyce said...

Hey, it looks like the two-piece worked out fine for you! Your family picture is nice- everyone looks great. Our own beach vacation is just over five weeks away, and I'm really looking forward to it! I can't wait to hear about your new job, so don't wait too long to post it.