Monday, July 30, 2007

The New Job

Ok...so I started last Monday. The first day nobody was expecting me, so things were slow going. The second day the girl that was training me was informed that she did NOT get the supervisor position in our department. She left for lunch crying and called back to say that she would not be returning that day. The third day she cried all day long every time someone would come and offer their condolences. She was also on-line all afternoon, with I don't know who, writing her resume and cover letter for another job. I didn't know if I should get up and leave the room or what. She kept telling the person on the phone that she could not say anything because I was sitting there. The fourth day went a little better, she made it through the entire day with a few crying jags. The fifth day was just an ok day. By Friday I was fed up with her being pissy about the situation, but she is off now for the next 12 days. Today I had to work in a different department because the two people working in my department don't really know what they are doing. If I ever get trained properly I will love the job. I seem to fit in well socially and everyone is very nice. But we all know that nice wears off after awhile. I do get to wear all of my dressy clothes and I love that. I wear my heels and everyone looks at me like I'm crazy...but I look good! I will keep everyone posted on the days of my life...

2 comments:

Sally said...

Wow, what a crazy first week! That girl sounds wacko! I'm glad to hear you think you'll like it.

Elyce said...

Yeah, hopefully The Crier will find another job during her 12 days off!