Monday, November 29, 2010

Sisters




I have three sisters...I am super close to two of my sisters. We talk everyday or at least text each other. They happen to live on the "other" coast. Every summer we get together and do something fun. Last year we explored the waterfront in San Francisco. We ended up down there on a whim. I insisted that I wanted to ride on the BART..silly, I know, but we had an awesome day. We had gelato to start off..then walked a long ways...had mini donuts..walked some more..had some italian food and champagne..walked some more and froze our rear ends off waiting over an hour for the cable car to give us a ride back up to the BART station!! I went back this year to try and replicate the fun day I had with the girls. This year I took the Prince..it just wasn't the same without the girls...It seemed lonely and by the end of the day I had the most killer headache. We had gelato again..that went over well...then we walked a while and had fish and chips..then walked some more and had mini donuts..then walked some more to the cable car stop..waited for well over an hour again this year. Don't get me wrong I so love spending time with the Prince but he was not into the waiting in line thing..when the girls were with me one of us stayed in line and the other two went to Starbucks and returned with after lunch lattes....the Prince just sat on the sidewalk and played his DS game...
This year we only had one day together. We got up and went to Starbucks to discuss the plans for the day. First off picking up a cheap pair of sunglasses for T. We could do anything we wanted (the Prince was already vacationing at Omi and Grandpa's)..go to the beach..go shopping..lay around the house and chit chat..drive two hours to visit grandma and surprise mom and dad...well, we of course chose to hop in the car and road trip it to mom and dad's!!!! We made a few stops along the way..first stop corner store for the mandatory diet pepsis all around..ok probably one of us had diet dr pepper...then it was off to a quiet little campground near the McKenzie river...our second family was camping out and we wanted to say a quick hello..they were not at their campsite but we did manage to leave a note and take use of the fabulous "pit" toilets...we then hopped back on the scenic roadway..next stop was a beautiful waterfall where we took our famous "self portrait" that we have started taking on our yearly adventures....it was beautiful but we had to jump right back on the road...We then came to a small resort town called Sisters,OR..I insisted that we stop at this cute little bakery for cheese sticks as I know the Prince LOVES Tillamook cheese that they are made with..I promised it would be a quick but well worth it stop...I did not disappoint...We picked up a few cheese sticks and jumped back on the road...we pulled into mom and dads place and knocked on the door, cheese sticks in hand...a very surprised mom came to greet us..we had of course let dad in on our impromptu visit...We greeted our "brother" Otto..my parent's spoiled doxie dog and munched on cheese stick while we planned the rest of the afternoon out...We then went up to grandma's new place to check it out and see how she was adjusting to her new living arrangements...she had recently moved into an assisted living place since she needs someone there all time and my parents were getting pulled in too many directions...that is a whole other post that may or may not ever be written...We visited and took pictures with grandma and then walked her down to dinner...I cried all the way back to mom and dads because some old biddy at the dinner table was rude to my grandma...It just broke my heart to hear that old lady being rude to grandma..
When we got back to the house and I stopped crying we decided to order our favorite appetizer sampler platter from the local brewery and of course I had to drag my sister to the grocery store to find my absolute favorite bottle of wine that I cannot get in NC because of the stupid liquor laws here...We ended up eating on the deck and enjoying the sunset!!!! One of my most favorite things to do!!! We finally decided it was time to hit the road and head back to K's house in Eugene...we had a two hour ride in front of us...plenty of time to hash out all of the days fabulous events...By far one of my very best days this year!!!!!!!
Thank you girls!!! Can't wait for next year!!!!!!

2 comments:

Sally said...

what a fun trip!! so fun to see pics of you w/ your sisters. tell those girls hi for me!

Sally said...

BTW, I was going to send you some pics of Sam...is your email addy the same?? And I need your new address.