Thursday, October 28, 2010

Back To Blogging

Weelll, as you can see I have been gone for quite awhile...Been busy..My Little Prince has grown up. Now he is almost as tall as I am and has bigger feet than me. It seems like yesterday I was all swollen up and pregnant with him. I have moved a few times since my last post..finally found a place that I love!!!!! I live with My Sweetie, My Little Prince and Phat Gurl. We stay busy with work and school and work and Boy Scouts and work..I have also started a new job since last writing...I just finished almost a year of training but now I am a 911 Dispatcher. I love my job. I hear some of the craziest things. I think the training was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. There were MANY times that I wanted to give up, but My Sweetie kept me going. He always knew what to say to bring me back to sanity and not quit. We had a tornado touch down in our town and WOW!! I was working that night and I had brought My Little Prince to work with me due to the tornado watch. Let's just say once I took that first call it jumped off!!! What do you say to someone who is telling you they see a tornado?? All I could do was ask where the tornado was and tell her to get to a safe place. It was a truly fun night. Our town was very lucky. While there was property damaged there were no lives lost!!! I am sure that I will have many more fabulous tales to tell about my job in the future. I also took on a second job from the beginning of March 2010 until tomorrow. Tomorrow is my last day and while I am excited about being able to have days off I am sad because I have made many friends with the people I work with at this second job. Oh, and I will miss the money. I did get to go to the West Coast for a few days this summer. I was able to see a childhood friend and see my youngest sister's new house. That was so much fun. My parents finally came to visit and that was great..took them on a hike and had lots of great food. My middle sister came for a visit and we got to have a little getaway to my favorite beach. We had a great time and I am still trying to get her to move out here and be my workout buddy as I now have twenty, yes twenty extra pounds to work off. Well now you are pretty much up to speed..

2 comments:

Sally said...

I'm so happy to see an update from you!!! I've been wondering how you're doing. How come you got off of FB?? Sounds like things are going well...I'm so happy for you! Our lives have changed a bunch -- baby boy arrived early last week, and we've been getting used to life with two. Email me your email addy and I"ll send you some pics. MIss you, girlie!

Lost In NC said...

I have been waiting for your post about your newest addition..I am on the computer all day at work but they have blogspot banned for some reason..people can look at facebook but by golly no blogging from work!!! Anyways...You all look great!! I am so happy for you!!