Sunday, September 21, 2008

Kids say the craziest things...

My regular babysitter was taking the day off yesterday so one of my friends at work was watching my Prince. They picked him up at work and went to a few yard sales and then on to McDonalds to play all day long. Somewhere along the way he proceeds to tell my friend that we are trying to save up a thousand dollars and then we are going to adopt another child. WHAT?! Where did he get that idea? I can barely afford one child and I do not have the patience for any more kids. My friend sweet lady that she is says to him why doesn't your mom just have another baby. He in turn says oh, my mom isn't married so she can't have any more kids. So she comes back with maybe we should get your mom married. He agreed with her and they went about their day. I laughed my head off when I heard of this conversation. He is a smart boy and he loves me dearly, but there will be NO MORE CHILDREN in our family. The odd part of all that is that he knows that I cannot have any more children ever, so I thought it strange that he told my friend that the only reason I wasn't having another child was because I was not married. My friend got a good laugh and I am going to try and remember to write that conversation in his "baby" book. I love to go back and read the things that I have put in there. It is crazy how much I forget as time goes by.

No comments: