Sunday, November 23, 2008

Tooth Fairy

The tooth fairy had to make a visit to our house this week. My little prince pulled another tooth out. That was cool, but the tooth fairy never has any cash. I suggested that we hold off for a day because maybe on the weekend the tooth fairy would pay out better. That went well. I discussed how much my little prince was expecting...he said eight dollars because he is eight years old. What? Are you kidding..that's what I said..he looked at me like I was crazy and said yes he was very serious. I told him I had been lucky to get fifty cents for my teeth. I called his dad and ran that figure by him and he had the same reaction I had. Thank goodness! We decided that two dollars would be acceptable. So I rounded up two dollars in cash and waited for him to fall asleep last night. When he woke up this morning I asked if the tooth fairy had stopped by and he said yes as he was clutching his cash in his hand. I asked how much she had brought and he counted out two dollars and then started looking for more under the pillow. He said that can't be all she left. He was sure that there was more to be found. He also said where is the change..the tooth fairy always leaves change..I don't know where he comes up with some of the things that he says. I so wanted to tell him that the tooth fairy does not exist but I didn't. I guess I had better save up for his next tooth...

2 comments:

Sally said...

$8?!!?! I think I got 50 cents. =) Guess times have changed, and we really ARE old.

Elyce said...

The tooth fairy never left cash for us. It was always a little toy or, the ultimate in special treats at our house: fancy band-aids, like Hello Kitty or Smurfs. Come to think of it, we never got cash for anything, like grades or birthdays.... oh well. And yes, Sally, we ARE old.