Sunday, November 16, 2008

Back Again

I haven't written in a few weeks, but I am still here. My little prince and I are surviving. I have decided to pursue a job here in North Carolina and I will be looking for a roommate. I am looking into a job in our communications call center, basically that is a 911 operator. The pay starts off better and there is overtime to be had. They have filled all of their open positions but they still have three over hire positions that are frozen as of today, but hopefully they can talk the city into thawing one position for me. I went and sat with two teams and I guess they were impressed with me and feel that I would be a good match for their group. They work twelve hour shifts and there are six people on a team. I am trying real hard not to get my hopes up too far with the economy the way it is jobs are harder to come by. I have decided to stay here for the time being and just live my life the way I want and not the way anyone else wants me to live. I came out here to start over and now I need to follow through. I guess I just didn't realize how hard it would be to start all over again. Anyways we are gonna be fine and I will get things back in order within the next few years. My little prince got straight A's this first quarter and numerous other awards. I am so proud of him!!! I can't believe that he will be turning nine years old this next month. I can't possibly be old enough to have a child that old, right? Stop laughing! He was in a little Christmas program at the church last weekend and got a little shy. I had to work that day but the children's choir leader told me that he was a little shy singing in front of everyone. He has really enjoyed going to church and we make it a priority to be there. I think that he might have told his Sunday school teacher that we are poor because they sent us a gift card to Wal Mart. I asked him if he had said anything and he said oh yes I told them that my mom didn't have any money. I was mortified, but that's how it goes with kids...

2 comments:

Sally said...

I'm so glad you made a decision you're happy about. And I didn't laugh about you being old enough to have a 9 year old...but the Wal Mart card made me laugh. =)

I hope the new job thing works out!

Elyce said...

That is too funny! He must know that you worry about money. What a sweet little man.

I agree with Sally. I'm glad you were able to come to a decision that you can be happy with and not feel like you are continually riding the fence. And I'm very, very happy that you are enjoying church again! It will be so good for you and Brado. Keep the posts coming. It's how I know you're alive. :)